As we close the books on 2018, we wanted to take a quick look back at an epic year for the Dobbins Group.
We welcomed an exciting new class of DG clients — from iconic global brands to an innovative new breakout product and a rising star on the global speaking circuit.
We developed marketing strategies, marketed events, and executed social media campaigns. We wrote dozens of blogs, designed large-scale signage and animated GIFs, led messaging workshops and managed video shoots.
We added new talent to the team, including Julie Neumark, who brought her video storytelling expertise, and Dawn Landon, who is heading up business development.
We immersed ourselves in the world of artificial intelligence and HR technology; innovations in dental implants; the benefits of foam-rolling; and proven strategies for scaling a business. We approached each with unbridled curiosity, seeking out the compelling, human stories to shape their brand.
Here’s a rundown of our Top Ten moments from 2018.
1. In February, Ascend Dental Academy and OCO Biomedical recruited the Dobbins Group to manage a video shoot at a two-day workshop in San Diego. Our team took hours of footage of lectures, hands-on practice with the latest in implant technology, participant testimonials and B-roll and turned it into a series of compelling marketing videos within two weeks of the event. The video project led to a long-term relationship with Ascend and OCO, supporting their marketing efforts across all channels.
2. From San Diego, we traveled to Las Vegas, where we managed the visual branding for the SWIMS booth at Project — the world’s premier men’s fashion event. From signage to a variety of product displays, we helped create a sleek, sophisticated and uniquely SWIMS space to showcase the Fall Winter 2018 Collection.
3. In March, we headed to South Africa with our fitness and social impact brand, revolucion. We helped chronicle revolucion founder (and Dobbins Group team member) Jason Leon’s epic IRONMAN race in Nelson Mandela Bay — an event that beautifully lived out the company’s Love in Action mission.
4. In May, IBM contracted the Dobbins Group to develop and execute on a social media strategy for two of its business units IBM Watson Talent, which focusses on technologies that empower HR teams to recruit and develop top talent, and IBM Collaboration Solutions, which provides innovative technologies to boost team performance. We’ve had a blast digging into these two businesses to find the stories that resonate most with their respective audiences. We boosted both groups’ social performance exponentially in 2018 and recently signed our 2019 contract to build on this year’s success.
5. We headed to Las Vegas in September for HR Tech with a mission to solidify IBM’s leadership role in the human resources space; create excitement around their activities at the event; and add to the conversations taking place. We not only helped drive traffic to the IBM booth and presentations, we were able to engage with influencers, HR leaders attending the event and the outside world watching Vegas via our social feeds. A big highlight was having Ariana Huffington retweet our posts immediately following her keynote. At week’s end, IBM Watson Talent ranked as one of the top five social influencers at the event.
6. Our action-packed October included the ScaleUp Summit in Denver, a two-day conference for business leaders with a laser focus on ways to grow their companies. We worked with the event team to develop and execute on a marketing plan and then led their onsite social media coverage.
7. While in Denver, we also participated in the Gazelles Coaches Summit, where we launched the Gazelles Coaches Marketing Kit, a comprehensive guide designed to help business coaches grow their brands and attract new clients. We loved getting to see our good friend and early client Jill Belconis at the Summit.
8. October also saw the launch of IBM’s Domino V10 — the first significant update to the legendary technology in several years. To help build excitement for the release, we developed an aggressive social media engagement campaign leading up to the launch and oversaw a Facebook Live broadcast of the World Premiere event in Frankfurt, Germany.
9. In November, we welcomed another new client into the Dobbins Group fold: MOBOT, a hybrid foam roller and water bottle that’s set to break through in a big way in 2019. We’ve been hired to help develop the company’s marketing strategy, including messaging and brand promise, persona development, content strategy and more. We kicked off the project by hosting a fun, interactive brand vision workshop with the core team.
10. We ended the year by adding another new client, Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo, a celebrity psychologist, author and keynote speaker. We’re working closely with Elizabeth to build her social presence as she gears up for a busy year of speaking engagements, development of several new books and other exciting projects. Loved seeing her talk holiday stress and Better Than Perfect on the Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb.
Thanks to all of the amazing clients who helped make this year such a success. Looking forward to even more great things in 2019!
Want to make our 2019 Year in Review? Let’s talk!